Black Bean Brownies to keep it simple !

Every few months , a bug bites me . Let's not take the expression literally . Yes, I am bitten but not by a real life tangible one. The "bug" in my case is an invisible force which attacks my neurons in such a way that the end result is lack of enthusiasm. Lucky me , it only lasts temporarily ( well atleast till now) but during that time frame, everything seems a chore ..even baking which is like my spiritual spa. That's when I crave real simple and easy to make recipes for my weekly challenge. Nothing like a new baking recipe to break you out of this rut especially one which requires minimal effort but doesn't compromise on taste.
The original recipe comes from here and quite unlike what i normally do, have made absolutely no change to the recipe. Blame it on my lack of enthusiasm bug..after all it affects my creativity as well. Don't tell me you guys were unaware of the link between the two ! Coming back, did I mention that these brownies are an eggless bake? I was tempted to call it a gluten free one too ,on account of no flour in the recipe but the use of oatmeal in them forbade me from doing so . If you guys are sure that your oats are gluten free , by all means brand this recipe as eggless gluten free one.
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup black beans( if using can, remember to wash ,clean and rinse the beans)
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey( I used a mix of maple and agave)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips 
Method -
Preheat the oven to 350  degrees F or 180 degrees C and grease a 8x8 baking dish.
Except the chocolate chips , mix all the other ingredients (beans, oats, sugar , salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract , oil ,cocoa and baking powder) in a food processor. 
Make sure they are well blended and then add in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 20 -25 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack , cut into small pieces and enjoy !

Note : I could not taste the black beans at all and neither could my kids . Why not surprise your friends and see if they can guess ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The quintessential Punjabi kadhi and Guru ka Langar !

Themed Cake for our Hercule Poirot's Christmas Book Club Party

Cottage Cheese Cookies and Gourmet Recipes !