Eggless Vanilla Custard Cake and Childhood Memories


The word "Custard" is like a time portal for me. Any mention of it and I am transported back to my childhood where I can see myself relishing the chilled fruit custard served at countless parties and formal dinners. It was my favorite dessert and I could gorge on it without feeling any remorse as to how many calories were consumed . Life was much simpler without the constant calorie watch . So, imagine my excitement when I came across this custard cake recipe . Of course, my excitement was doubled when I found it was eggless . Almost daily there are requests for eggless bakes and now was my chance to oblige.


This is a great recipe with minimum preparation time , handful of ingredients and a dump all in a bowl approach. Only a few things need to paid attention to .Just remember to have your milk and butter at room temperature. Sieve your flour and custard powder and do remember to grease the pan . I forgot to do so ..honestly..still was lucky enough that it consented to come out of the pan without crumbling on me. It is not a big cake so use a shorter pan .

Ingredients-
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar  ( I used 1/2 cup as shown in the pic..adjust according to taste)
1/2 cup vanilla custard powder 
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp butter

Method-
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and grease a small cake pan.
In a bowl , beat the butter . Add the brown sugar and milk and beat till smooth.
Sieve the flour , baking powder and custard powder and mix it in the butter sugar milk mixture.
Now transfer the mixture in a small cake pan and bake for 20 -25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Cool on a wire cooling rack . Decorate with raspberries , cut and enjoy !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The quintessential Punjabi kadhi and Guru ka Langar !

Themed Cake for our Hercule Poirot's Christmas Book Club Party

Cottage Cheese Cookies and Gourmet Recipes !