Eggless Chocolate Orange Brownies Finally !!


I am continuing with another egg less bake. If you were inclined to ask me why , I would probably reply that I like to do things in pairs . Sometimes I like to do them more than twice like bake brownies every week . I like to bake them in different flavors and as such  constantly experiment with new ingredients . In my pursuit of of the above mentioned, came across this recipe which immediately grabbed my attention .

Chocolate and orange ..now we were talking . We all know that Mocha (chocolate + coffee) tastes divine so now it was it was time to give chocolate and orange a try . Of course, I had heard of this combination before but had never tried it for myself . I was itching to do so and so this bake seemed an apt choice considering it was egg less as well. Another factor that motivated me was that this recipe was completely butter/oil free. We all aspire for healthy eating so if a dessert can boast of it  then it surely becomes a guilt free indulgence.


Note : The original recipe calls for three tablespoons or freshly squeezed orange juice and I went along with that. The Roys loved the orangy flavor in the chocolatty brownies but Mr.Roy was of the opinion that more of the orange juice could be added. So , by all means add another tablespoon or two if you so desire.

Ingredients -

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup nuts
3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp orange peel
1 tsp ginger juice

Method
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C .Also, grease and line your baking tray.
Melt the chocolate chips using the double boiler method or in a microwave remembering to stir it after every one minute if using the latter.


Once the chocolate has melted, add some of the liquid ingredients like orange juice, ginger juice, milk , sugar as well as the orange peel. Give it a good mix with the help of a spatula and now add the yogurt.


Now fold in the sieved flour, cocoa powder, baking powder , nuts and water. The correct manner to retain maximum air by lifting the spatula in the air before folding.


Transfer to the greased tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The quintessential Punjabi kadhi and Guru ka Langar !

Themed Cake for our Hercule Poirot's Christmas Book Club Party

Cottage Cheese Cookies and Gourmet Recipes !