Coconut Macaroons and Fanciful Names

Admit it , we all get impressed by fancy sounding desserts especially when they are as glamorous sounding as macaroons. Also, admit truthfully that we tend to think that actually making one of this fancy sounding dessert will be a tedious task involving multiple steps and lots of patience and precision. That is where we all are wrong . Yes, I did include myself in the process. Mention the name "Macaroon" or "Macaron" to me as a baking choice and  I will keep finding ways to put it at the very far end of "things to try in baking list". It's not that I havent tried them before but it has been a long time and hence they did not occupy their righful place in my blog.
All that changed when I got a request for making them from one of my page followers. I promised him that I would change their order in my "to do list" and sure enough they bragged the spot and here they are on my blog. Not only do they sound glamorous but they are also quite decadent in taste judging by how quickly they disaapeared from the cookie jar . Yes, i do have one and yes, my kids are aware of it too . Kids loved the crispty exterior and the soft sweet interior and are begging for another batch . Considering the fact that they are so easy to make , I am seriously considerig telling them to bake a batch themselves with my supervision of course and not to mention my help in cleaning the resultant mess.
Ingredients -
1 can condensed milk ( 14 oz)
Sweetened Shredded Coconut 14 oz
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt\
1 tsp vanilla extract
Method-
Pre heat the  oven to 325 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with oarchemnet paper otherwise your macaroons will stick to the sheet.
Take a bowl and mix the coconut and condensed milk along with the vanilla extract with the help of a spatula.
Take the egg whites and whisk them vigorously with the salt and cream of tartar till they form soft peaks.


Now fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture .
With the help of a cookie or ice cream scoop , place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake them for 25-30 mins till they get a beautiful golden brown color.
Cool on a wire rack and enjoy !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The quintessential Punjabi kadhi and Guru ka Langar !

Themed Cake for our Hercule Poirot's Christmas Book Club Party

Cottage Cheese Cookies and Gourmet Recipes !