Vanilla Chai Cake and it is Eggless !!!

Vanilla chai and I go way back together. Some , fourteen years ago when I had just moved to the States , it was  my must have beverage. I was way younger and could afford to drink the sugar laden chai ..rather I used to crave for it ! Older and much wiser, my relationship with it has much lost much of the it's fervor . The passion is there but have manged to restrain it to a  moderated level. The fact that vanilla chai is not available at all outlets of Dunkin Donuts might have helped too ! Who knows ?


When I came across this recipe , my joy knew no bound. I could now eat vanilla chai too !!!! In cake form of course ! Betty crocker has a chai cake recipe but it has eggs and here I was looking forward to an eggless cake recipe. I came across a similar recipe from Chef Zarnak which was eggless. I adapted from both and the result was simply divine. 

Note : I used Vanilla chai tea bags for the flavor I love..you guys are welcome to try any flavor of tea bag that you fancy . 
Ingredients -

1/2 cup water
4 tea bags ( I used Bigelow Vanilla Chai )
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp clove powder
1/2 tsp  cardamom powder
200 grams or 1/2 can condensed milk 

Method - 
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and grease and flour a cake pan.



Boil the water and let the tea bags stand in it for 5 minutes. 


Meanwhile. cream  the butter and sugar with the help of a hand mixer.


Add the tea decoction and condensed milk while whisking it gently.



Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder ,cinnamon,clove and cardamom powder and fold it in the mixture.


Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 25 -30 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack and enjoy with chai :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The quintessential Punjabi kadhi and Guru ka Langar !

Themed Cake for our Hercule Poirot's Christmas Book Club Party

Cottage Cheese Cookies and Gourmet Recipes !